Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Combat Commander

Chick invited me over this morning to see his figures and play a game.  We played Combat Commander using the random scenario generation system.  It was 1941, I was on the attack with the British.  Chick played Italian Black Shirts.   Victory hung in the balance for most of the game.  Near the end I got lucky when one squad and a leader held off two massive assaults.   I was then able to move forward on the opposite flank and capture a pair of objectives.  A very enjoyable game.  This was my first game using the random scenario system.  It worked very well, I'd like to try it again.  In fact I'd like to try this scenario again, using a different attacking force.  The British have a major advantage in their ability to fire smoke from their light mortars.  This let me avoid most of the Italian machine gun fire.  I wonder how the Americans or Russians would have done.   By the way, thanks Chick for the tip on using smoke (I'd never played the Brits before and hadn't noticed their miraculous smoke laying ability).

I hope we play again soon.

No comments: